Saturday, September 6, 2008

School is Back in and I Have Alone Time

School started on Tuesday and things have changed. I have time to myself! Kate started first grade, which means she is in school full time. Tyler is in 4th. So this means I have no kids all day long. I can't believe it and I have to admit it feels really weird. Half way through my first day alone, I actually got a little teary. (yes, I'll admit it) I didn't cry when I took them to school but while I was floating around in my parents pool (all by myself!) I started to cry. I really didn't know what to do with myself. My babies are BIG! It's exciting and sad all at the same time. I missed them. When you are used to taking care of someone all day it feels strange to not have them around. I know, I know, I will get used to it! I think I already have. This week I was able to go to the store without kids, I was able to read my book without someone asking for something, I was able to have lunch with my husband at a restaurant...with no kids. This school thing has its advantages! Last night when they decided to have a full contact fight over the tv remote, I decided...no more crying about alone time! TAKE IT ALL IN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

No comments: